Pet Owner Resources
Helpful Links for Old Town Veterinary Hospital Clients in greater Austin area
Please note, Old Town Veterinary Hospital provides these pet resources as information only - we do not recommend nor are we affiliated with these organizations or websites. Always call us with questions.
Allergies and Itching
- CET Dental Care Products
- CET Veggiedent Chews for dogs
- Dental Diet for dogs and cats (*We recommend using this as a dental treat for your cats!)
- ProZinc for cats
- ProZinc for dogs
- Vetsulin for dogs and cats
- Diabetes in Pets - What it is and how to care for pets that have it
Parasites and Prevention
- FIV and FeLV in Cats
- Kennel Cough
- Dog Flu Facts
- Rattlesnake Bites and What to Do
- Rattlesnake Vaccine for Dogs
- Leptospirosis Fact Sheet
Other Useful Info
- Cat Stress-O-Meter
- All About Cats!
- How to Get Cats into Carriers
- Choosing the Right Cat Carrier
- Fear Free Happy Homes
- Caring for Senior Pets
- Why Does My Pet Need Those Tests?
- When Your Pet Has a Heart Murmur
- Osteoarthritis in Dogs
- Microchipping Your Pet
Pet Health, Pet Behavior & Pet Info Sites
- American Animal Hospital Association
- American Association of Feline Practitioners
- American Board of Veterinary Practitioners
- American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- American Holistic Veterinary Medical Association
- Association of American Veterinary Medical Colleges
- Association of American Feed Control Officials
- Veterinary Cancer Society
- United States Pharmacopeia
- American Kennel Club
- International Cat Care
- US FDA Center for Veterinary Medicine
- Southern Veterinary Partners
- Association for Pet Loss and Bereavement
- Companion Animal Parasite Council
- Clean Run - Agility Information
- Assisted Living for Seniors with Pets
- CDC Rabies Information
- CDC Zoonotic Diseases
- Pet Health Network – Find answers about your pet.
- Veterinary Oral Health Council – Pet dentistry information.
- APHIS Pet Travel – Basic information on domestic and international travel of pets by the US Department of Agriculture.
- Veterinary Information Network – This site is a good starting point to learn more about a variety of topics, including feline injection-site sarcomas and the latest subjects in veterinary medicine.
- Humane Society of the United States – Promotes the protection of all animals. Here you will find many wonderful animal-related stories and information on pet care, pet adoption, and animal welfare issues.
- College of Agriculture and Life Sciences – Search a toxic plant database.
- ASPCA's Animal Poison Control Center – For any animal poison-related emergency or if worried your pet ate something toxic.
- Pets & Parasites – Recommendations for diagnosis, treatment and prevention of parasite infections.
- Heartworm Society – Learn more about deadly heartworms and what you can do to protect your pet.
- The ASPCA – Exists to promote humane principles, prevent cruelty and alleviate fear, pain, and suffering in animals.
- Dog Owner's Guide – This is a nice starter guide of things that you should consider when you are thinking about getting a puppy.
- The Cat Fanciers' Association – This website provides pictures and information on cat breeds, cat care, upcoming cat shows, and more.
- HomeAgain & AKC Reunite Microchips & PetLink – Register & update your pet’s microchip information.
- Rainbow Bridge – A Grief Support Community for those who are hurting from the death of a beloved pet.